Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Sunday, July 8, 2012

Arranbee 14" doll: "Belle"

This is "Belle," the second of the five "sister dolls" to my childhood Arranbee doll. Belle has a medium length brown replacement wig and blue eyes.  Her wardrobe consists of outfits in red, white, and blue.

She is waving "hello" to you, as she is a friendly doll. She has on a red and white gingham shirt that buttons in front, jeans, and a denim cap, all of which I designed and made for her.


I found some cute denim sneakers for her to wear, too.


Belle also looks nice all dressed up.  This pretty long white lace-trimmed dress came on an old Madame Alexander doll that had been in an attic a long time.  The dress was quite dusty, but a gentle washing brought out its beauty.  I added a red velvet sash.



This dress was made of two coordinating fabrics that just begged to be made into a doll dress for Valentine's Day!  Wouldn't you be Belle's valentine if she was wearing this dress? I also made a red net petticoat to go with the dress.


Belle is in the drill team at her school.  This is the outfit I made for her, complete with white boots and
matching panties. I like the diagonal bodice.

This red white and blue tiny print is decorated with baby rickrack and features bell sleeves.  A nice summertime dress that I made for Belle.
This is an outfit that came in a vintage collection with a fixer-upper doll.  I repaired the tears in the blouse, added new elastic to the sleeves, altered both the blouse and skirt to fit, and washed and ironed the outfit. Now Belle has a nice schoolday outfit.

Belle wears soft white cotton gown that I trimmed with hand embroidery on the yoke.


Here is Belle in her trunk.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment