Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Monday, October 15, 2012

Arranbee 14" Doll: "Elise"

This is the fifth of five trunk sets created for my 14" hard plastic Arranbee Nancy Lee/Nannette dolls.  This one is named "Elise."  She has the "suntan" skin color.  Her brunette wig that I gave her is long, straight, and thick; it is made of human hair.

In this first photo, Elise is wearing a yellow cotton dress that I made for her, with a white pinafore and a full white petticoat.

Here is another day dress.  I made this from a tiny floral cotton print.  It has a wide white collar and three tiny buttons in the front. (Buttons are just for decoration; the dress actually has snaps in front.)

This photo shows her pretty hair.  I made this long-sleeved nightgown from a fine lightweight barely-pink cotton. 

Here you can see the ribbon embroidery I did on the bodice as decoration. A tiny ribbon trims the hem.


This is a strapless pink cotton gown I made for Elise, shown with a lace stole.

Over the pink long gown, she can wear a white overskirt and a white bodice.  The pink shows through.  All the pieces are lace-trimmed.

For a "Southern Belle" effect, She can wear a white hat with the outfit.

Her long dark hair allows her to look "right" for more exotic outfits.  I made this Plains Indian dress from a soft chamois cloth and decorated it with beading and fringe.  I made matching moccasins, belt, and headband.

Elise looks lovely in this Japanese kimono with obi.  This was made by a very talented eBay seamstress (sorry, I do not remember her name), who used beautiful smallscale silk fabrics.  Everything is lined and well-made.


I made this medieval-style gown from purple velvet and gold lame, with sleeves from purple chiffon. Gold braid is used to trim the dress and to make a matching headband.


Here is Elise with all her outfits in the purple trunk (purchased from Heavenly Treasures).

###

No comments:

Post a Comment