Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Monday, June 4, 2012

Redhead Ann Estelle in Sewing Class

This pretty redhead is a 10" Ann Estelle doll by Robert Tonner Doll Company.  I can't remember which model she is.  I think I bought her without any outfit on eBay, so maybe I never have known exactly which Ann Estelle doll she is.  Her long hair can be worn in a flip, or tied in the back.  She has blue eyes.

This Robert Tonner outfit is called Sewing Class.  The A-line sleeveless dress is made of a tiny blue print.  The yellow coat or smock is trimmed in purple with black and white piping.  She has a pin cushion and tape measure.


Here is a close up of this doll, with her hair tied back and her glasses on.  I made the bead necklace to go with her dress.


I made this pink cotton dress with pintucks in the hem and hand embroidery trim on the bodice. She can use it as her nightgown or as a sundress.


A talented eBay seamstress made this cute dress of coordinating fabrics.


Another talented eBay seamstress made this romper with coordinating boucle jacket and hat.  It was made for a 12" doll, which I no longer have, so I altered it to fit Ann Estelle, and added the buttons as trim. 



This dress has a green velvet skirt and a white satin top.  I made it to go with the holiday sweater that has a cute Christmas tree on the front.  I cut the back of the sweater and added binding and snaps for closure, because it was too hard to put on otherwise.  Sometimes she wears the dress with a necklace, instead of the sweater.


This blue organza party dress was part of a trunk set for another doll, but it fit this Ann Estelle just find, and she looks great in this color!


This doll has a vintage blue metal trunk with a pink starburst paper.  There was no drawer, so I made one using a decorative box as a shelf and another box for the drawer.  Not as nice as an original drawer, but serviceable.  She has a plastic box for shoes. I made a petticoat, panties, and tights for her, also.

This is the sixth of six posts about Ann Estelle/Sophie dolls.  You can look through previous posts to find the others, if you like.  I love these little childlike dolls with the "just right" expression.  They are surprisingly easy to sew for (not too small, not too big, just right!) and look equally nice in simple clothes or fancy dresses.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment