Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Basic Sophie Redhead

The Robert Tonner Doll Company issued this precious little doll in 2000 as a "Basic Sophie" with red hair.
She came to my house without clothes, poor thing.  I bought this basic Tonner onesie for her, and added the shoes and the pail.
Here she is dressed in an original Robert Tonner dress designed by Mary Englebreit.  This one has a yellow skirt with tiny flowers edged in lace, a red gingham top, and white collar and cuffs edged in green.  I added the green hat. and the yellow shoes.


I made these coordinating outfits for her from a brown microsuede and a floral cotton print.  The tights were made from white cotton knit. The romper has little red buttons on the front as trim. Isn't she cute?


The coat is lined in the floral cotton print and has picot edging.  The dress has a hem of the brown fabric with red picot trim.


 This dress has a beige fabric with trees and "Let It Snow" on it.  The coordinating maroon fabric has the snow.  I made a pale beige petticoat and knit tights to go with this dress.  She can wear it for the holidays, or anytime it snows! (However, that's only about once every 3-4 years where I live in East Texas.)


This dress could be used for a spring tea, Easter celebrations, or  flower girl duty. She has a basket of flowers and a hair bow with it.

The dress is made of white baby pique and trimmed with hand-embroidery in pink and green.  The crocheted sweater also has hand-embroidered trim.  There are matching white pique panties and a tiny purse, all made by BonBon.


This Sophie has a bunny to sleep with, in her pajamas that I made from a tiny floral fabric with pale blue solid coordinating cotton.  Tiny beads serve as buttons down the front (although it actually closes in the back with snaps).


Here is another Robert Tonner dress designed by Mary Englebreit, although I can't remember the name of the style.  I think it was sold as a separate outfit.


This doll has a blue trunk to hold her things.  The shoes go in a plastic box.

This is my dear husband's favorite of the Ann Estelle/Sophie dolls.  I think she flirts with him when I am not looking.

###


No comments:

Post a Comment