Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Monday, May 7, 2012

"Renaissance Garden" Cissy Doll

Madame Alexander issued this beautiful redhead 21" Cissy doll in 2002.

The white satin strapless dress is covered in a layer of sheer knit fabric embroidered in brown designs and trimmed with brown velvet flowers at neckline and waist, with matching flowers on the headband and neck ribbon.  She has brown suede shoes, brown pantyhose, a brown petticoat, and white long gloves.

This doll is special to me because it was a gift from my daughter Deborah.


 


I made this blue strapless gown and sequined coat from a "Perfect Pattern" design.

Cissy wears this gown to a dance with a handsome Marine (Man of Honor WWII Marine doll).


I designed  and made this dress from coordinating pieces of silk taffeta in blue and gold.The sheath dress has a lined bolero.


Using the same "Perfect Pattern" as in the blue strapless gown above, I made this one from a bronze dupioni silk.  I added a brooch and a gold mesh stole.


I designed an overdress to wear over the bronze silk. It is made from a heavily embroidered silk fabric.


Here is the nightgown I made for her.  The lace top is trimmed with tiny blue beads.


This purple lace onesie, purple mesh stockings, and print nylon negligee were made by Jane Perilloux, a talented doll seamstress.



Here she wears a pretty floral print dress with ribbon belt, that I designed and made.




I found this pretty cable knit sweater with brown button trim at the neckline.  It may have been intended for an American Girl doll originally, but I made a placket in the back for snaps and removed the excess bulk at side seams, and the refitted sweater looks nice on this Cissy, along with brown slacks that I made for her. 


The gold jersey knit blouse is lined in self fabric.  The brown knit skirt and the leopard print jacket are also lined in the same fabric.  She happened to have leopard knit shoes that match, and I found a coordinating ribbon for her hair.


Renaissance Garden Cissy and Royal Reception Cissy (in alternate wig) enjoy a little "girl time" together.


Here is Renaissance Garden Cissy with her trunk set.

Now I have posted all nine of my Cissy dolls with their trunk sets.  The trunk sets for each doll include outfits by Madame Alexander, by talented eBay seamstresses (especially Jane Perilloux), and by me.  In total, I have made 45 outfits for Cissy dolls (so far).  The trunks were bought new from Queen's Treasures.

All of my Cissy dolls have been dressed, redressed, posed, photographed, and displayed. In my humble opinion, dolls are meant to be played with and to be treasured.

###








No comments:

Post a Comment