Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Stockings Were Hung" Sophie Doll

Robert Tonner Doll Company issued this 10" Ann Estelle friend, Sophie,  "The Stockings Were Hung" in 2006.


This is her original dress by Robert Tonner, a Mary Englebreit design.  The green velvet dress has red and white trim. The shoes have felt flowers that match the flower on the collar. She has a felt decorated stocking with "candy cane" in it. I made a bead bracelet to match.


This is another Mary Englebreit design dress manufactured by Robert Tonner, a cute cherries design for the skirt and red gingham for the bodice, with lace edging at the hem, and a white collar with little cherries for trim.

For this blue cotton dress, I used embroidered ribbon trim and edged the cuffs and neckline by hand with embroidery thread. She has a matching hair band and a tiny flower basket to carry.


Here is Sophie in her pajamas with her teddy bear. I selected a tiny pink and green floral print for the top and white cotton for the long pants, and trimmed them with satin roses and ribbon. I also made some matching slippers.

I made the playsuit from a tiny pique fabric and used red and blue tiny rickrack for the trim.
I bought this sweater, then cut a placket in the back for a snap closure. Worn with the white playsuit, it makes a patriotic outfit, especially nice on the Fourth of July! She has cute red canvas shoes to wear with it.










Another larger doll had an Indian outfit, which I took apart and remade for Sophie. Using the extra fabric, I made a headband and moccasins and trimmed them in tiny beads to match the Indian dress. Fun for "dress-up" play dates for Sophie!

This doll has a wooden trunk lined in pretty yellow print paper.  A plastic box holds her shoes.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment