Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Thursday, March 15, 2012

BonBon's Toy Closet is a Real Place

BonBon's toy closet is always open for browsing and playing. 


Crayons, coloring books, books, stuffed animnals, telephone, dozens of little animals, magic kit, tool kit, and more.  That old Fisher Price telephone (made of wood, can you believe) has made hundreds of phone calls.

The magic kit originally belonged to my youngest son Loran, who has always been magical with people. He entertained me many times with his many "voices" and patter.  He can still do it, too.  The kit is a perennial favorite with children, and why not? We all can use a bit of magic now and then.

Coloring books seems to have fallen out of fashion.  I have fond memories of hours with coloring books with my cousins on my grandmother's screened-in back porch during the summer.  Simpler times.


 Games and puzzles.  I play Yahtzee and Password and Chinese Checkers, and pretty much any other game the grandchildren want to play.  I am not very good at them, and the grandchildren like that.

My dear husband will sometimes play Trivial Pursuit with us, but only the original version, because that is the only version us old folks have a chance of knowing anything on the cards.  Age has its privileges.


The doll crib was my daughter Deborah's toy.  She kept climbing in it herself, so I reinforced it with sturdy playwood on the bottom and more screws.  It has survived lots of handling in the years since.  There are some dolls in that pile somewhere.  Deborah was not too interested in dolls; she was a horse collector.  (She has all the horses, keeping them for her daughters.)


Tinkertoys, lincoln logs, plastic bricks, transformers.  Many of these belonged to my oldest son Brian, who was a tinkerer, builder, soldier, and transformer from early childhood. His imagination always flew high. 

There's also a grocery cart, pretend food, and dishes.  A favorite with pre-school ages.



There's also a big plastic bin of dress-up clothes, two riding toys, and games in the "overflow" toy closet (sometimes known as the linen closet).  

So there are actually two toy closets; somehow I had not realized that.
 
Children ride those in a big circle, from toy closet to den, to kitchen, to dining room, to living room, to hall, to den again, round and round.  They are always left parked in the door to the kitchen, for some reason.

Doll closets coming in next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment