Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Thursday, March 15, 2012

Large Doll Closet

My dolls and their clothes and accessories occupy two closets, a smaller one in the hall, and a larger one in a guest bedroom.  This post shows the larger one.


Nearly all the boxes contain something; a few are collapsed for storage or remain available for use in my next project.  I like decorated boxes, and often decorate a plan box myself with craft paper or contact paper.


The big beautiful boxes came from Michaels craft store.  Each box holds two dolls (14" or smaller).

Cabinets and bins for storage.  The purple trunks in the closet photos came from The Queen's Treasures (check their website; many doll items there). The blue and black satchels contain doll patterns.  The sewing basket on the bottom contains embroidery threads. 

More trunks and boxes.

Smaller trunks full of clothes for Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls.

Boxes for Ann Estelle dolls and Kitty dolls and other accessories.

Over the years my doll storage has evolved. Organizing doll stuff is one of the ways I "play dolls."   

This closet works well because I can get to most items without having to move much out of the way.  I keep the stepladder in the closet for reaching up high. 

You might wonder if I can remember where everything is.  The answer is no.  I have to open boxes and search.  Takes a little time, but the reward is the fun of opening a box and finding the treasure within.

Well, looking at a closet is not very interesting, I know.  It's just a stepping stone for the blogpath.

No comments:

Post a Comment