Welcome to BonBon's Toy Closet!

BonBon's Toy Closet in real life contains toys, games, and books for my grandchildren. But several other closets have been taken over for my dolls, doll clothes, doll furniture, doll houses, doll accessories, doll sewing materials, doll trunks, and various doll supplies!

After about 15 years of playing dolls, I decided to share some of the results on this blog. I hope you enjoy looking around. You will find Cissy dolls, vintage hard plastic dolls, Tonner Ann Estelle and Sophie dolls, doll houses, and a variety of other topics.

If you want to be notified when I make a new entry, just enter your email address in the box just below the title and hit the submit button.


Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sewing Closet

Over the past few years I have made lots of doll clothes for a variety of dolls.  Some of the sewing supplies are in a hall closet near my sewing center. 


This closet is devoted  (mostly) to supplies for sewing: thread, patterns, fabric, lace, ribbon, etc.


The two rolling carts are handy; when sewing I roll them to my nearby sewing center.

Okay, I admit I am something of a packrat when it comes to sewing supplies.  I save bits of ribbon and other small items I might use someday in a doll project or crafting project.  And I actually do use them!   But they do take up room.


In addition to the closet, there are three dressers full of fabric and other sewing supplies.  Here is the lace trim drawer in one of the dressers.



This drawer contains beading materials.  Dolls have to have bracelets, earrings, and necklaces!  And they want them to match their outfits, too. 

I don't sew all the time, not even very often, but when I do, it is easy to find what I need.  And I nearly always have enough supplies on hand for a doll project.

No comments:

Post a Comment